Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing 3.75

Working on Thing 4, but not very quickly.

As a prelude to blogging about thing 4, I took some photos at story hour. The local royalty from Litchfield's Watercade Festival visited Family Story Hour and read to the children. The children, who happened to all be little girls, were entranced.

The next morning, I took more pictures at Preschool Story Hour. We were rocking to the music from Punk Farm. The author welcomes pictures and letters from young fans, so I might just email him about our story time.

I signed up for an account at flickr, which was very easy since it's part of yahoo now. The ubiquitous yahoo, still a web presence after all these years.

This directly addresses one of my concerns about privacy vs. the new open attitude of web 2.0. I am not comfortable posting pictures from our children's programs online, even with parental permission. The Watercade Royalty I don't worry about, since they are in photos all the time.

Another issue is that currently the library camera isn't working. So I dashed home and brought my digital camera. Whose job is it to make sure a digital camera is available for library use? Not mine. :)

No comments: