Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing 8.

For thing 8, I've tried a couple of applications. One is more pictures of my cute pets, in Picture Trail. I admired other spinning photo cubes in blogs, so just had to try it. Easy to do, and easy to post.

The other application, in slideshare, seems very, very useful. This is the Power Point slide show I used for older elementary students at their spring library visits.

BTW, I linked to the library online catalog for a live demonstration for all of the elementary classes, which was both fun and effective.

The clever animations didn't post in slideshare, but you get the general idea. This was very easy to do. It took a few minutes to upload, but I like the result.

Recently, a group meeting at the library needed to use our projector with their laptop. The two simply wouldn't communicate. I connected the library laptop with the library projector, and got a live internet connection up; fortunately their information was accessible online. I think online is the way to go - computers may crash, disks may be corrupted, but usually the online stuff seems to work.

Interesting thing, thing 8.

1 comment:

SAMMIE said...

Jan, A belated welcome to 23 Things on a Stick. You are doing wonderful things. I love your avatar! Robin